It all started with a message I received, as I was watching a football game (world cup).
I had an interesting conversation with a young man that needed help in his professional life. He felt that he was failing many times in his job and he wanted guidance regarding the best possible way to find success.
At some point in our communication, I asked him to tell me what his vision and goals were.
He replied to me:
– I want to be successful!
I know that a lot of young people would give the same reply when asked (what are your vision and goals…?), so this is an opportunity for me to share my thoughts with you.
All about success:
If you want to achieve your goals and be successful:
Do not feel sorry about previous failings you had.
Do not let past failings scare you from doing what you want and need to do.
Try to think what you have learned from the previous failings and try not to repeat the same mistakes. Discuss it with your family or friends, if you want, to listen to another opinion or advice. Do not lose much time discussing it.
Now put into action what Aristotle said.
Please have in mind:
So, your goals, your clear and practical idea or your objectives must provide value to others.
Do not be overwhelmed by the whole project you want to realize.
Since I’ve talked about football:
Do not confuse success with happiness.
Except if you know what you need and not what you want!
However, be careful of how you define success:
However, I do believe that success is not about money, power, and fame.
It may include all that as a bonus, but it is meaningless and purposeless without wisdom, fulfillment, and completion.
Otherwise, it would not be “real success.”
It would be just “vanity”!
Read more by
Iordanis Boutsioulis, B.S., M.B.A.
Founder at ibbds, Business Developer, Marketing Strategist & Consultant
List of Posts/Articles by ibbds:
- Do you want to start a business? This is what you need!
- Pages a Small Business Website Should Have Today
- How to Avoid the Top 3 Reasons Startups Fail
- The Path to Overcome Entrepreneurial Burnout
- 20 Valuable Guidelines to Build a Powerful Brand
- 21 Great Tips for Creating a Successful Logo
- 22 Leadership Slips You Should Bypass
- 40 Tips for Successful Negotiations
- How to Grow Your Business
- How to Conduct a Situation Analysis for Your Business
- 22 Effective Time Management Tips For Entrepreneurs
- 30 Best Practices To Make Your Customers Satisfied And Loyal
- Is Marketing And Sales Funnel Still Useful?
- Is Ello the End of Social Media as We Know Them?
- What Strat-Ups & SME’s Need Most – Differentiation
- Do you need a marketing plan?
- Is your profitability enough?
- Why KPI’s are so important?
- The first 7 things you have to do when you start a business!
- What is Business Development?